Home:  Home > international > Content

Foreign media: Israeli opposition leader calls for a major s

Date:2025-03-23 19:47Resource:未知
On the 21st, the Israeli High Court issued a temporary injunction to "freeze" the government's previous decision to dismiss the head of the Israeli National Security Agency (Shin Bet), Ronen Bar. According to the latest report from Agence France Presse, Israeli opposition party leader and former Prime Minister Yail Lapid called for a general strike on the 22nd local time if Prime Minister Netanyahu refuses to comply with the ruling of the High Court.
According to reports, Lapid told thousands of protesters in the center of Tel Aviv, Israel that if the government "decides to defy the court's ruling, it will become a government that is not bound by the law. He said, 'If this happens, the entire country should stop functioning,' and 'the only thing that cannot stop functioning is the security system.'.
The report stated that the dismissal of Bar deepened internal divisions in Israel as the Israeli military resumed military operations in the Gaza Strip. Lapid's' Have a Future 'party has appealed to the High Court over Bar's dismissal and condemned the government's decision as' based on clear conflicts of interest'. Israeli Attorney General Gali Baharaf Miyara stated on the 21st that after the High Court's ruling, Netanyahu is unable to designate a successor to Bar.
Agence France Presse reported that Netanyahu posted on social platform X, insisting that the government should decide who will lead the domestic security agencies. He said, 'There will be no civil war! Israel is a country governed by the rule of law, and according to the law, the Israeli government decides who will serve as the director of the Shin Bet bureau.'. During the protests that erupted in Tel Aviv on the 22nd, Netanyahu reiterated in a video that "Ronen Bar will not continue to serve as the director of the Shin Bet Bureau. There will be no civil war, and Israel will remain a democratic country.
On the early morning of March 21st, the Israeli Prime Minister's Office issued a statement saying that the Israeli government unanimously approved Netanyahu's proposal to dismiss Simbel Director Bar from his position. Barr believes that his dismissal is "entirely due to a conflict of interest", as Simbert is "investigating Qatar's influence over the Prime Minister's office".
After the government decided to dismiss Bar, multiple opposition parties in Israel petitioned the High Court to hold a hearing on the matter. On March 21, the Israeli High Court issued a temporary injunction to "freeze" the government's previous decision to dismiss Bar from office. The High Court stated that the ban will remain in effect until a hearing is held on the petition regarding Bar's dismissal. The hearing will be held no later than April 8th.
 
(Editer:admin)
Pre:Foreign media: Afghan interim government says US has cancele Next:Hyundai Motor announces $21 billion in US investment, Trump

Related articles

  • Foreign media: Afghan interim

    {dede:field.pubdate function="MyDate('Y-m-d H:i',@me)"/}

    According to Reuters and Al Jazeera, a spokesperson for the Afghan interim governments Ministry of Interior announced on the 22nd that the United States has cancelled a $10 million bounty previously offered for the capture of Acting Interio...[Detail]

  • New Media Enters White House,

    {dede:field.pubdate function="MyDate('Y-m-d H:i',@me)"/}

    After the new US government took office, the White House invited some internet celebrities and non-traditional media journalists to attend press conferences. Behind this is not only a change in the publics habit of obtaining news, but also...[Detail]

  • Foreign media reports that Tr

    {dede:field.pubdate function="MyDate('Y-m-d H:i',@me)"/}

    According to a report by Reuters on the 16th local time, US President Trump had previously ordered federal employees to return to work in the office, causing chaos such as competition for desks among some agencies. Two insiders revealed tha...[Detail]

  • Ukrainian media: Zelensky sai

    {dede:field.pubdate function="MyDate('Y-m-d H:i',@me)"/}

    According to reports from the website of the Ukrainian State (Strana) and the Ukrainian National News Agency (UNN), Ukrainian President Zelensky told reporters on the 14th local time that the mission of the Ukrainian armed forces in the Kur...[Detail]

  • Korean media: Kim Soo hyun�

    {dede:field.pubdate function="MyDate('Y-m-d H:i',@me)"/}

    The controversy over South Korean actor Kim Soo hyuns relationship with minors continues to ferment. According to the latest report from South Korean news website Newsen on the 14th, GOLD MEDALIST, the agency of Kim Soo hyun, urgently issue...[Detail]

  • Duterte may face trial immedi

    {dede:field.pubdate function="MyDate('Y-m-d H:i',@me)"/}

    According to the Philippine GMA News Network on the 12th, former Philippine President Duterte was chartered to The Hague, the headquarters of the International Criminal Court, in the early morning of the 13th. On the 11th, the Philippine po...[Detail]

  • British media: Severe polluti

    {dede:field.pubdate function="MyDate('Y-m-d H:i',@me)"/}

    On the 24th, the British media Asia Insurance Review published an article on its website stating that the increasing pollution in Delhi may lead to a 10% -15% increase in health insurance premiums here. Previously, on the 21st, Reuters quot...[Detail]